Linkpop is a new link-in-bio tool offered by Shopify that specializes in commerce and driving direct sales from your social media profile.
Linkpop is similar to other link-in-bio tools in that it offers a curated selection of links that help point fans and followers to the destinations you want. Where Linkpop differs is that it comes with Shopify’s out-of-the-box commerce functionality, like the ability to embed specific products from your Shopify store or even offer customers the chance to checkout right on your Linkpop page.
Generally, Linkpop is designed for creators and influencers who already have an audience built on social and video platforms that offer limited real estate for links, especially Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. Creators using Linkpop mostly seem to highlight best selling products and other locations where fans can become members of a community.
Let’s look at a few other facts and features about Linkpop for those of you who want to learn more before you try it out yourself. Along the way, we’ll answer a few basic questions about the tool.
What does Linkpop cost?
Linkpop is free to use and anyone can sign up and create a page. If you want to use Shopify’s checkout functionality to create shoppable links and accept payments for products, you’ll have to sign up for a Shopify plan which starts at $9 per month.
How do I create a Linkpop page?
Head over to Linkpop.com to create your account and register a username. Since Linkpop is a relatively new tool, you can likely get the username you want. Here are the steps you need to take to fully set up your Linkpop page:
- From the Linkpop homepage, click on Signup for free to get started
- Then, click which service you’d like to continue creating your account with. Email or Google is a safe bet. You’ll choose a password at this step.
- You’ll be taken to a screen that says Let’s get started. Click on the button that says Create page to begin building your Linkpop page and profile. This is where you’ll choose your username and vanity URL.
- Upload a profile picture, fill out your profile name, and share some details in the profile description sections.
- Now, you can start adding content. There are three options available: Add products (list products directly from your Shopify store), Add media (embed videos or music directly on Linkpop), and Add link (link to other websites or social media profiles).
- From the Style tab, you can also change the colors, fonts, and font color on your page.
- Once you’re finished, hit Publish in the bottom right to set your page live.
Overall, this should take under 30 seconds to get live if you’re in a rush. And of course, you can always come back later to customize the content on your page.
What features does Linkpop have?
Linkpop has a number of features that are tailor-fit for commerce. The first feature—and arguably main reason to use Linkpop—is the shoppable links functionality that allows visitors to checkout right from your Linkpop page.
Shoppable links are powered by Shopify Checkout, a mobile-first checkout that offers shopper’s a variety of payment methods and the ability to save their details to checkout faster later on. Without Shop Pay enabled, most customers can checkout in about three clicks.
Linkpop also comes with built-in analytics tools to help you track visitors to your page, your products, and what sales you’ve made as a result of this traffic. And, you can track the number of people clicking your other listed links to see which links are the most popular or draw the most attention on your Linkpop page. Get more details here.